- Sat 3 May: ADF Beltane services 5:30pm at Trout Lake Abbey, 46 Stoller Rd, Trout Lake WA 98650. Carpooling from UUCV.
- Sat 26 April: Beltane services with Columbia Protogrove ADF at UUCV.
- Sat 22 March: 6pm ADF equinox services at Trout Lake Abbey, 46 Stoller Rd, Trout Lake WA 98650.
- Sat 15 March: ADF equinox with Columbia Protogrove at If The Broom Fits, 8845 SW Commercial Street, Tigard OR 97223, near Tigard Transit Center.
- Sun 9 February: Druidic Discussion re possible ADF Protogrove in region at 4pm, McMenamin’s Greenway Pub, 12272 S.W. Scholls Ferry Rd, Tigard OR 97223.
- Sat 1 February: ADF Imbolc outside, 1:3pom at UUCV, 4505 E 18th St, Vancouver WA 98661 with potluck afterward in the religious-education building.
- Sat 21 December: ADF Midwinter at Trout Lake Abbey, 3:30 pm
- Fri 29 November: Druidic Drinks @ 7pm, 12272 SW Scholls Ferry Rd, Tigard, OR 97223.
- Sat 9 November: Friends of Trees Planting, Noon @ Real Life Church, 2202 SE Bella Vista Road, Vancouver WA 98693.
- Sat 26 October: ADF Samhain @ Trout Lake Abbey. Depart UUCV @ 3:30 pm.
- Sun 22 September: CUUPS Equinox @ UUCV, 3pm.
- Sat 22 June: ADF Midsummer at Trout Lake Abbey, 6:30 pm. Depart UUCV @ 4:30
- Sat 22 June: CUUPS Midsummer at UUCV, Noon.
- Sat 27 April: ADF Beltane at Trout Lake Abbey, 7pm. Depart UUCV @ 5pm
- Sat 23 March: ADF Equinox at Trout Lake Abbey, 6pm. Depart UUCV @ 4pm
- Sat 2 February: ADF Services at Trout Lake Abbey, 4:30 pm. Depart UUCV at 2:30 pm.
- Sat 26 January: OBOD get-together at Essential Elements, 7704 SE 13th Ave, Portland OR 97202. FFI Multnomah Illahee, OBOD focus.
- 22 December ADF Midwinter at Trout Lake, 3:30pm. Depart UUCV 1:30pm
- 17 November Friends of Tree Planting, 12:30pm at Wy’East Middle School.
- 3 November ADF Samhain at Trout Lake Abbey, 5pm.
- 28 October PDX “Druidic Drinks” @ Rock Creek Tavern, 6:30 pm.
- 13 October, West Coast Eistedfodd @ Multnomah Arts Center, 5-9pm.
- 22 September ADF Equinox at Trout Lake, 6pm. No carpool.
- 4 August 2012 ADF Lughanasadh and potluck @ Trout Lake Abbey 7:30pm. Carpool departs UUCV at 5:30 pm.
- 28 July 2012 CUUPS Lughnasadh (ADF druidic) 4pm at UUCV.
- 23 June 2012 ADF midsummer and potluck at Trout Lake Abbey 8pm. Carpool departs UUCV 6pm.
- 20 May 2012 Portland Druid Exchange, 10am at Anna Bannanas, 8716 N Lombard, Portland OR 97203.
- 5 May 2012 Portland Druid Exchange, 10am at Anna Bannanas, 8716 N Lombard, Portland OR 97203.
- 5 May 2012 carpool to Trout Lake Abbey Beltane and potluck, departing UUCV at 5pm.
- 21 April Earth Day “Stream Team” planting and invasive removal beginning at 9am at Salmon Creek Park, north of Vancouver.
- 17 March 2012 CUUPS Equinox (ADF Hellenic) @ 2pm, UUCV.
- 4 February 2012 OBOD Imbolc and potluck @ 1pm. Depart UUCV at 11am.
- 14 January 2012 Friends of Tree planting, Fisher’s Landing Elementary, 3800 SE Hiddenbrook Dr, east Vancouver.
High Days 2011
In 2011 the aim was to have at least one meeting each month and to celebrate eight “high days” each year at the equinoxes, solstices and “cross quarter days” of modern Neopagan tradition. For simplicity, 2011 meetings were scheduled for Saturday mornings with rituals in the afternoon. Some meetings are focused on community service, some on ritual preparation and some on general education and business. All are listed on our “Google calendar” and usually announced in advance on Twitter. In keeping with the tradition of Ár nDraíocht Féin, each service focuses on a particular pantheon or “hearth culture,” and 2011 featured Celtic, Norse and Hellenic hearth cultures. Many also traveled to other area services, such as those at Trout Lake Abbey, upstream.
Imbolc was Irish, led by SL at their home, with a morning meeting on Saturday morning, 29 January 2011, and ritual at 1pm. The primary deity for this service shall be Brigidh, with appropriate sacrifices to include praise offerings of poetry, candles or cheese.
Equinox was a short Hellenic ritual community service on 26 March. Led by R, the focus was on Demeter, Greek goddess of the spring, with flowers, praise offerings of poetry, wine and art all welcome. Because many took part in a Friends of Trees planting earlier in the day, this one shall take place a bit later: Pre-service briefing at 1:30 with ritual at 2pm on the grounds of the UUCV, 4505 East 18th Street, Vancouver WA 98661.
May Day was Norse, honoring the Vanir siblings Freyr and Freya at 1pm Saturday afternoon, 30 April, on the grounds of UUCV, 4505 East 18th Street, Vancouver WA 98661.
For Midsummer the majority of active folks decided to focus on a trip to Trout Lake Abbey for their ritual, so we met Sunday morning to carpool up. There were also Norse services to honor Thor on solstice proper, Tuesday, at a private home. Appropriate offerings included mead, beer and whiskey.
Lughnasadh was Irish, celebrating Lugh and his foster mother Tailtiu on Saturday, 30 July 2011, at UUCV. Offerings include whiskey, first fruits, poetry and song. Pre-ritual briefing was at 11:30 a.m., with services beginning promptly at noon. Omen was by elder futhark: ancestors “ᚫ”, nature spirits “ᛟ” and gods “ᚦ.”
Rather than holding a separate, public equinox ritual, we met at Portland Pagan Pride, Sunday 18 September, at Oaks Park in Portland. There was also be a carpool to the Hellenic ADF services at Trout Lake Abbey, leaving UUCV at 11am Sunday, 25 September.
There were no public Samhain or Yule services with Vancouver Druids for 2011, but we carpooled to Trout Lake Abbey for 29 October and 17 December, respectively.
As we begin to assemble, we shall hold two informational events related to Samhain and Yule, with plans for those who wish to carpool and attend worship services at Trout Lake Abbey just up the Columbia River gorge. Informational meetings will be held from 10am-Noon in Hazel Dell at Celestial Awakenings, 6610 NE Highway 99, Vancouver WA 98665.
A general informational session and discussion of Samhain shall be held at 10am on Saturday, 23 October 23 2010, where folks can decide if they would like to join a carpool for a sundown Samhain outside of Trout Lake on October 30. The Samhain discussion will take place at 10am on Saturday, 23 October, at Celestial Awakenings, 6610 NE Highway 99, Vancouver WA 98665.
A general informational session and discussion of Yule customs shall be held at Celestial Awakenings at 10am on Saturday, 18 December 2010. We shall probably decide at this meeting whether to hold a local morning observance for solstice or to travel to Trout Lake Abbey for their midwinter service, as the roads allow.
Prior to the decision to form “Vancouver Druids” there were a variety of ADF folks who began meeting for a dedicant program study group in 2009 including nature walks, book discussion, carpools and so on through late 2010.